Our Telematics product portfolio fulfills the latest 4G, 4.5G, and 5G standards and offers a wide range of attractive features to keep vehicles up-to-date and the driver connected.
With Continental’s in-house developed network access devices (NADs) and Telematics software framework, our Telematics Control Units (TCUs) are highly customizable and ready-to-use in different regions.
A sophisticated over-the-air update solution for multiple electronic control units in the car, as well as proven security solutions, round off the attractive feature set for the next generations of Telematics products.
With high bandwidth and reduced latency, the new mobile network standard 5G offers all pre-requisites to connect vehicles in real-time. Continental is comprehensively testing Cellular V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) to make our Telematics products ready to support predictive and autonomous driving.
- Continental Telematics software framework
- Advanced security options (among others Intrusion Detection)
- TCU and multi ECU software updates
- Continental NAD (network access device)
- Application Processor w/ Linux OS
- Hardware separation using independent vehicle processor
- HSM (Hardware Security Module)
- Dead Reckoning
- BuB (Back Up Battery)
- LTE, 4G, 4.5G, 5G
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- BT 5.x (incl. BT LE)
- V2X (DSRC and C-V2X)
- eUICC SIM (e-SIM)
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou
- CAN, USB, Ethernet
- Customized software solutions for telematics use cases, i.e. power management
- Software development kit (SDK) for more flexibility
- Over-the-air updates for multiple electronic units
- Lower latencies with next generations of mobile standards
- Enhanced security – Automatically or manually triggered emergency call in case of serious accidents
- Localization – Vehicle tracking by GPS or GLONASS
- Scalability – Enables additional services and features such as stolen vehicle tracking, remote diagnostics, mobile phone connectivity options
You have questions or you are interested in this product and possible applications?
Our IoT Gateway is the key component to connect your sensors, devices and other elements with the Internet. Easily update your applications, devices and sensors with Internet connectivity to realize additional use cases. The product ensures access to local information from a platform anywhere, anytime.