The increased demand in cloud and in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) functions lead to a revolution in the E/E design towards server- and service-based architectures. The Continental Engineering Services (CES) Cockpit Controller is our answer to the demand for high performance human machine interface (HMI) and infotainment for modern vehicle cockpits. It carries predefined functions and applications but also acts as a platform for third-party software and services. This allows for numerous possibilities including the use of open-source software and thus also for new business models.
High Integration – High Performance – Future-proof
- Ready for Domain-based vehicle architectures
- Ready for new regulations on cyber security and SW updates
- Holistic HMI concept through all displays and input devices in the vehicle
- State-of-the-art Multi-OS SW architecture (Security/Safety separation)
- Android Automtoive Open-Source Infotainment OS for easy App integration
- Flexible re-use of OEM or 3rd party SW components/apps
- Wireless connectivity interfaces with high bandwidth
- No alignment effort between HMI ECUs needed
- Reduced souring & integration efforts (less ECUs, less interfaces)
- Qualcomm SA8155 + Automotive Controller (AC)
- QNX Hypervisor/OS + Android Automotive OS + AUTOSAR (AC)
- Functional Safety support up to ASIL B
- Software-defined Radio (FM/AM, DAB, SDARS)
- Up to 6x LVDS display outputs + up to 8x LVDS video inputs
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 1x Gbit Ethernet + 3x CAN + 1x LIN
- 2x USB 2.0 + 1x USB 3.1 interfaces
- A2B + 4x speaker outputs + 2x Mic + 1x AUX
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto supported
- Applications for Infotainment, driver and ADAS functions
Do you have questions or you are interested in this product and possible applications? Contact us!
The demand for new, more user-friendly displays, that help reduce the complexity of information, is rising because of the increasing traffic congestion and information density.
To understand what the driver exactly needs is crucial to offer a real Holistic Human-Machine Interface experience. Therefore our systems gather the current condition of drivers. Our technology enables gaze target recognition, face recognition or drowsiness classification as well as the thermal comfort. That will be a base for a natural interaction and joy of use.
Our Head-Up Displays (HUD) project the essential information directly into the driver’s field of vision without restricting it.