ARS 548 RDI
Safe – reliable – robust – new design
Continental offers a new type of long range radar sensor, the ARS 548 RDI, possible adaption include various industrial applications as well as premium upgrade version of the series 50X.
- General replacement of ARS 30X and 40X radar sensors
- Easy to implement and optimized anti-collision protection for vehicles of every description (particularly autonomous)
- Headway control also for far-field (vehicles of every description such as cranes, construction machinery, fork-lifts, tractors, harvester combines, particularly autonomous as AGV, special transporter, and module transporter.)
- Collision avoidance for cranes of every description e.g. STS, RTG, RMG, overhead cranes, gantry cranes.
- Area monitoring system for far-field, e.g. of hazardous or non-accessible areas
- Non-radar-reflecting object detection by affixing a protective cover
- Classification of objects (> 120 single cluster)
- Object detection, e.g. in confusing or unclear areas
- Distance and speed monitoring
- Road traffic technology e.g. parking area surveillance
- Rail traffic technology, approximation aid for bumper
ARS 548 RDI Datasheet Ι PDF
Features & Benefits
- Fast and safe: The ARS 548 RDI dispels with the apparent contradiction between excellent measuring performance and a high degree of operational safety. The rugged ARS 548 RDI long range radar sensor is capable of determining the distance to an object in real time scanning and dependent on the driving speed a possible risk of collision.
- Reliable: The ARS 548 RDI radar sensor is fail-safe (not under all circumstances) and able to recognize troubles of the sensor and sensor environment and display it automatically.
- Robust and new design: By using the newest radar technology with a new design and a new measuring principle for mass production in automotive supply industry, the design is kept very robust with a high performance.
Typical areas of application
- Collision warning
- Area monitoring system for far range
- Classification of objects
- Height measuring
- Object detection
BRR BroadR Reach Ethernet 100 Mbit/s