Easy, helpful, and useable without previous knowledge
Continental Engineering Services offers a new Radar PLC to control Continental radar sensors and easily display all radar measurement data. The PLC also provides easy and immediate near real-time radar visualization. With this tool, the user can see what the sensor detects. Both targets and objects can be visualized. The PLC allows the user to monitor the speed and distance of the detected objects. Additionally, the user is also able to set and develop triggers (filters) and access the full range of features available in Continental Radar Sensors.
Even a newcomer without or with very little experience with radar and CAN technology can work with this Radar PLC. The Radar PLC is available with 1 channel or 2 channels to connect one or two radar sensors simultaneously.
Plug & Play
Connect a DVI monitor, plug in a USB mouse and Keyboard, add a 24V DC power supply, and of course, the radar sensor(s) via the radar sensor connection cable(s) (120 ohms termination as the adapter is connected at CAN port and is provided in the delivery). A simple, Windows-based user interface provides quick, easy, and efficient operation, providing optimal control over the connected sensors. The Continental Radar PLC is designed to control one or more Continental Radar Sensors (ARS 30X, ARS 40X, or SRR 20X) and display the detected objects or targets on a separate monitor.
Working in harmony with connected Radar Sensors
- Range monitoring and headway control, e.g. of hazardous or non-accessible areas as blind spot and environment recognition at vehicles of every description as mining vehicles, construction machinery, fork lift, tractors, harvester combines (particularly autonomous as AGV, special transporter, module transporter etc.), aircrafts of every description and generally for rail and road traffic and marine technologies
- Anti-Collision protection for vehicles of every description (particularly autonomous)
- Area monitoring system for far field, e.g. of hazardous or non-accessible areas
- Unremarkable object detection by affix a protection cover before it
- Object detection, e.g. in confusing or unclear areas
- General distance and speed monitoring
- The Radar PLC does the configuration of the Continental radar sensors.
- The user has to connect an own screen via DVI, and a keyboard and mouse via USB.
- One of the radar sensors has to be connected at CAN port via CAN cable-connector by using an additional CAN termination SUB-D 120 ohms.
- Power Supply has to be connected at 24 V DC or by using the DC/DC converter 12V/24V (scope of delivery) at 12 V DC.
- One or two of the same or different radar sensors in our portfolio, have to be connected at CAN port via CAN cable-connector by using an additional CAN termination SUB-D 120 ohms – it is scope of delivery.
- Power Supply has to be connected at 24 V DC or by using a DC/DC converter 12V/24V at 12 V DC.
To see only application relevant objects is possible to set filter values for:
- Size and Reflection (Radar Cross Section RCS)
- Speed Range
- Moving Direction
- Relative Position
- The radar PLC can be used to configure up to 8 supervision fields for collision detection on the screen
- If an object moves in this areas on of 8 up to 8 different solid state relays will be triggered
The defined collision supervison fields can be programmed direct to the radar sensor