MK C1® EVO
The MK C1® EVO is Continental’s next evolutionary step of its brake by wire brake systems. The robust design continues the approach of an innovative simulator brake system MK C1®, in production as since 2016, by keeping the high system performance while reducing the costs and power consumption.
It makes a major contribution to safe and dynamic driving, as well as energy efficiency. Thanks to the “brake-by-wire” design, it enables recuperation of braking energy in a much wider range than standard regenerative brake systems, reducing CO2 emissions of hybrid electric vehicles by around 5 g/km and extending the electric range of all battery powered vehicles with savings of around 30% regenerative energy compared to a non-simulator brake system. This measurement has been made according to the WLTP (Worldwide harmonized Light vehicle Test Procedure) and confirmed by the TÜV, a German Technical Inspection Association. The innovative “One-Box” system integrates the tandem master cylinder (TMC), brake booster and control systems (ABS and ESC) into a single compact and weight-saving (approximately 30%) module. Continental’s MK C1® and MK C1® EVO can build up braking pressure in 150 ms (time-to-lock), which is twice as fast as conventional systems today.
Features & Benefits
- Replacement of brake booster and vacuum pump
- Reduced weight, size and number of components of the brake system
- Simplified logistics and installation effort in the car production
- Benefit in fuel saving and CO2 reduction
- Significantly faster buildup of autonomous braking pressure than conventional hydraulic systems
- Fulfills increased pressure dynamics requirements for new Advanced
- Driver Assistance Systems
- Fulfills requirements for regenerative braking system
- Provides a high level of comfort
Integration of Electronic Stability System sensorics on demand
- Box volume advantage: app. 4 dm³
- Weight advantage: 3 – 4 kg