Continental has over 100 years of experience in developing and producing driver information systems and solutions. As a full-range provider, Continental’s portfolio includes all instrumentation variations, from entry-level to premium models, from simple analog to complex full digital solutions.
The purpose of a display is to present information to the driver, precise and relevant at any given point in time and in the current driving situation. The driver should be able to connect and collaborate with the vehicle’s automated systems safely and comfortably. Digital displays are easily comprehensible even for a fatigued driver. Continental’s instrument clusters, with their sophisticated HMI concept, offer attractive and well-structured possibilities to keep the driver informed. They are also intuitive, thus ensuring minimized driver distraction. Their flexible design makes it possible to realize almost all styling requests the vehicle manufacturer might have.
As an extension of instrument clusters, head-up displays are a key technology in holistic human-machine interaction –Drivers no longer have to take their eyes off the road to read information from the instrument cluster, instead they get the information directly in their field of view in the windshield. This kind of intuitive dialog between vehicle and driver not only makes driving more enjoyable but also creates increased trust in driver assistance systems, the first step towards automated driving.
- Large portfolio of display sizes and technologies, including optical bonding, free-form and 3D displays
- Full digital instrument cluster or a hybrid including analog tubes
- Freely configurable telltales integrated in TFT display or as discrete LEDs (up to ASIL B)
- Alternatively with embedded graphics controller or driven by an external high performance domain controller
- Embedded Linux or Integrity based, modular architecture
- Powerful graphics controller with automotive HMI framework supporting 3D objects and animations
- All common interfaces supported: CAN, LVDS Input (e.g. for rear-view camera or head-unit), LVDS Output (e.g. for Head-Up Display), digital and analog I/Os, speaker, etc.
- Various platforms ensure cost and time optimized development
- Reduction of driver distraction and stress
- Technology can be combined with other HMI functions in order to define an 3D experienced cockpit view
- Unique HMI concept for presentation of diverse vehicle functions
- Customer specific instrument cluster applications
- Scope of services from changes of printed dial up to complete new designs
Free programmable cluster
3D Instrument Cluster
You have questions or you are interested in this product and possible applications?
To understand what the driver exactly needs is crucial to offer a real Holistic Human-Machine Interface experience. Therefore our systems gather the current condition of drivers. Our technology enables gaze target recognition, face recognition or drowsiness classification as well as the thermal comfort. That will be a base for a natural interaction and joy of use.
Our Head-Up Displays (HUD) project the essential information directly into the driver’s field of vision without restricting it.