ARS 404-21 “Entry” Long Range Radar (Far field radar sensor) 77 GHz.
(Entry = lower distance, smaller housing, lower weight and price)
Continental Engineering Services offers a new type of radar sensor, the ARS 404, as a possible adaption in different applications and as entry version to the 40X Radar Sensor series.
- Simple anti-collision protection for vehicles of every description (particularly autonomous)
- Headway control also for far field (vehicles of every description as cranes, construction machinery, fork lifts, tractors, harvester combines….particularly autonomous as AGV, special transporter, module transporter…)
- Collision avoidance cranes of every description e.g. STS, RTG, RMG, overhead cranes,gantry cranes…
- Area monitoring system for far field, e.g. of hazardous or non-accessible areas
- Unremarkable object detection by affix a protection cover before it
- Classification of objects (> 120 single cluster)
- Object detection, e.g. in confusing or unclear areas
- General distance and speed monitoring
- Road traffic technology e.g. parking area surveillance
- Rail traffic technology, approximation aid for bumper
The proven ARS 404 sensor from Continental measures independent the distance and velocity (Doppler’s principle) to objects without reflector in one measuring cycle due basis of FMCW (Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave) with very fast ramps, with a real time scanning of 20 / sec.
A special feature of the device is the simultaneously measurement of great distances up to 170 m, relative velocity and the angle relation between 2 objects.
- Save: The ARS 404 dispels with the apparent contradiction between excellent great measuring performance and a high degree of operational safety.
- Fast: The rugged ARS 404-21 radar sensor is capable of determining the distance to an object in real time scanning and dependent on the driving speed a possible risk of collision.
- Reliable: The ARS 404-21 radar sensor is fail-safe and able to recognize troubles of the sensor and sensor environment and display it automatically.
- Robust and very small design: By using a radar technology with less complex measuring principle and the development and mass production in automotive supply industry, the design is kept very robust and very small
The device is fitted with one CAN bus interface as standard. Further interfaces can only be realized by using a converter. Softwareadaption, housing and / or hardware adaption are possible on demand and in case of assumption of costs or could be realized by the customer itself. The ARS 404 can be used for complex measuring tasks.