Electric Propulsion Unit (EPPU)
The Electric Propulsion Unit (EPPU) is the fast and easy way to convert your internal combustion engine vehicle to an electric vehicle (EV)
The EPPU contains the following components:
- Electric motor (up to 226 Nm)
- Power electronic (up to 70 kW)
- DC/DC (up to 3 kW)
- Vehicle controller
- Electric vacuum pump, electric water pump and hoses
- HV A/C compressor
- One phase AC charger
- HV junction box
- Harness and connector to vehicle
- LV fuse and relay box
- Optional: HV water heater
- Independent front end production
- Easy and time efficient installation in vehicles
- Supplier independent components possible
- Variable adjustment to given engine mounting points
- Reduced mechanical and electrical interfaces
- Development/Tailoring of the EPPU to your needs
- Vehicle Integration
- Development of VCU functionality and calibration
- Development of overall charging strategy/functionality
- Vehicle Testing
- Delivery of prototypes up to series production
Tel: +49 911 217 744 703
You might also like
Discover the rising trend of trams, making a comeback as a greener and more efficient option for urban transportation. In densely populated cities, trams are proving their worth, offering exceptional energy efficiency and spaciousness, a refreshing contrast to individual vehicles.
However, navigating bustling urban streets is no easy task for tram drivers, who face unique challenges. Sharing the road with cars, bikes, and pedestrians requires heightened vigilance. Safety is paramount, both for passengers and other road users, as tram collisions can result in significant damage.
To address these challenges, cutting-edge driver assistance systems, inspired by automotive technology, are becoming the way forward. Real-time information and proactive guidance help tram drivers react swiftly to potential hazards, reducing accidents and easing the mental burden.
Follow us and learn how the integration of proven automotive technology in trams is transforming urban transport, enhancing safety, and contributing to a brighter, greener future.
Continental Engineering Services combines Software with Hardware, Components to Systems to integrate everything into an overall vehicle concept. Our main focus is the combination of mechanical, electrical, and software requirements to realize the best functionality as well as the most efficient and powerful vehicle system.