The use of technology in a racing environment pushes materials to their absolute physical limits. To achieve peak-performance, profound experience and knowledge of highly specialized techniques are required
From prototype to series production
Why you can reach pole position with us
- We go beyond “meeting customer specifications” to deliver comprehensive and exceptional resolutions to complex engineering challenges.
- We consider the whole life-cycle and engineering context to reveal associated opportunities for adding value.
- We are working sensitively and harmoniously with the client’s departments and workforce to ensure the optimum integration of our work into the product and client organization.
- We keep project teams small and flexible so that overhead is minimized, communications optimized, and maximum focus remains on our client’s priorities.
- System Design and Development Engineering
- System Integration
- Lab Car/ HIL Test Bench Service
- Track Support
- Batteries and BMS
- Electric Drivetrain Systems (EDS)
- Energy Recovery Systems (ERS)
- Electric Gearshift Systems (EGS)
- Electrical Clutch Actuators (ECA)
- DCDC Converters
- Anti-lock Braking Systems (ABS)
- LV and HV Wiring / Harnesses
- Test equipment
Services & Products
Whether you need to push the boundaries to find a brand new solution, adapt existing technology to your needs, or just need advice on how best to leverage our existing high-performance technology, we have a solution for you.
System Design & Development Engineering
- Continental Engineering Services can provide complete engineering services, from assistance with the requirements, through design, manufacture, and testing.
- In-house manufacturing and testing capability deliver rapid turn around, enabling tight motorsport deadlines to be achieved.
- Software and control strategy can be fully customized based on customer requirements. All software is thoroughly tested in-house before release.
Thermal Development Engineering for CES products
ERS Inverter Installation change mechanical effect analysis
CES also provides engineering support to develop existing products to deliver suitable solutions for new applications.
Products can be customized to meet new performance requests and revised dimensional constraints on a target racing vehicle.
- Control Unit Selection.
- Sensor Selection.
- Communication Architectures.
- Wiring Harness Layout and Design.
Lab Car / HIL Test Bench Service
Wiring Harness Layout, Design and Build
- Experienced wiring technicians can supply high-quality wiring harness with any connector make or configuration (e.g., Autosport, Souriau, LEMO, Staubli) for motorsport:
- Engine looms
- Chassis looms
- Dyno installations
- Test bench looms
- Steering wheels and switch panels
- Pit setup wiring
- High Voltage looms are a specialty and can incorporate power distribution and control elements
- In-house capability for both LV and HV harness testing
Capable of 2D and 3D CAD design and drawings for harness and test equipment
Ability to provide quick turnaround services including direct customer support
Unique and bespoke motorsport harnessing and equipment
Up to Date with new Connectors / Sleeving / Heat-shrink boot (System 25)
Contra helically winding and service loops. Software for leg twist layouts
Cirris high voltage tester for the generation of end of line testing & service test reports
Design and manufacture of high voltage cable assemblies for use in passenger vehicles, motorsport hybrid, and electric vehicles
One-off products through to small series production
Ability to provide a quick turnaround service including direct customer support
Test capability including crimp integrity, isolation, insulation, plus fit & function services
Capable of 2D and 3D CAD design and drawings
Build to print service available
Customized Test Equipment
Connector and loom testing breakout boxes can be supplied to suit any connector make or configuration (e.g., Autosport, Souriau, LEMO, Tyco, etc.)