Instead of manual application via a hand brake lever and floor pull, the electric version generates the clamp force by an actuator, which in the case of the EPB-Ci is sitting directly on the disk brake caliper. The driver gives the command to activate the parking brake via a switch in the interior.
While the actuator is integrated in the service brake caliper, the control including the power output electronics are included in the ESC control. This results in an optimized distribution in terms of weight, cost and space.
- Premium gear concept with high efficiency –> less power consumption
- Short application times <1s
- High clamp forces (up to 20kN)
- Potential downsizing by usage of hydraulic preload function
- Durability of 100.000 load cycles