Noise Vibration and Harshness
With our complete vehicle expertise, comprehensive material knowledge, and advanced psycho-acoustic methods, we optimize and match all factors and components in detail. Our goal is to implement your wishes in the acoustic field and the use of thermal energy with minimal use of weight and volume.
NVH Services Overview
As a system development partner for vehicle acoustics, we create added value to your applications by improved acoustic comfort
Acoustic architecture is influenced by many factors during vehicle construction. Our NVH teams have extensive knowledge of materials and psychoacoustic methods, optimizing and using the many factors to your advantage. Our aim: the implementation of your acoustic desires while minimizing weight and volume.
CES NVH specializes in identifying causation of acoustic issues and developing solutions and recommendations for improvements, not only for metrological but also for designing and developing prototypes for series technologies. For example, we can apply insulation elements of a spring-mass-system, new structure-borne noise insulation materials, or realize sealing measures in shell construction bulkhead and cable bushing.
We perform the integration of early development and design stages, using our network of contacts with leading material manufacturers for optimum results. With absorbers for the vehicle interior, engine room, and exterior in-wheel arch liners and the underbody paneling, which are aligned by us, every drive becomes an acoustic enjoyment.
Our Engineering Service
- Subjective assessment of individual scenarios directly in the vehicle
- Analysis of comprehensive listening tests
- Consideration of psychoacoustic effects and measured values
- Determination of specific measurement requirements for ensuring high repeatability
- Component construction using CAD and creation of a 3D specimen component from CAD data
Our Functions (examples)
- Measuring system PAK
- Artificial head measurements (binaural measurement techniques)
- Measuring microphones and accelerometers
- Specific directional microphones and speed-up repeater for localization
Excellent NVH has become an essential topic in vehicle development. In addition to the intensification of driving fun, it contributes to the essential increase in product quality and customer satisfaction. Many years of experience, an excellent team, and optimized NVH tools are prerequisites for a cost-effective and time-effective development that minimizes production effort and significantly shortens the time to market. Our scope of work ranges from benchmarking, consulting, sound design, development of low-noise powertrain systems, integration, and the development and production of unique audio concepts in-vehicle systems.
Acoustics architecture is influenced by infinite factors in vehicle manufacturing. Our complete vehicle acoustics expertise allows us to identify predictors of acoustic problems, to work on a metrological solution and improvement recommendations as well as to develop prototypical suggestions for series technologies. This can be realized in the sense of insulation measures (e.g. spring-mass-system), structure-borne sound damping material, or sealing measurement out of shell construction rubbish and cable bushing.
Every drive becomes a pleasure with our compatible absorbers for the interior space and engine room (e.g. foam or non-woven materials) as well as the exterior like wheel arch liners or underbody paneling.
Besides the production of differing vehicle acoustic components, we consult leading car manufacturers and suppliers in their development and production in the area of acoustics and thermal management. With our comprehensive technological knowledge and product know-how, we can precisely predict the market relevance and opportunities for diverse products. Thus, we can identify the scope of applications for new materials and technologies and compare their advantages and specific attributes to the latest state-of-the-art.
Our focus is on cost reduction in terms of development and marketing, a significant increase in effectiveness, and the generation of a unique competitive advantage as well as on the reduction of weight and volume.
Our Consulting Service
- Consulting in terms of the market potential of new products, materials, and technologies
- Consulting regarding the acoustic optimization of aggregates, components, and vehicles of all categories
- Consulting and monitoring during the development of new products in the area of acoustics and thermal management
- Work on practically relevant specifications for the acoustic performance of products
Our Functions (examples)
- Artificial head measurement (binaural measurement technique)
- Measuring microphone and accelerometer
- Measuring system PAK
- As development partner of leading automotive manufacturers, we offer bundled experience
As the only developer of engine encapsulations for CO2 reduction on the market, our system solutions provide a significant reduction of the emission rate, the interior and exterior noise as well as an optimization of thermal management in the engine room.
Regulations of CO2 emissions of combustion motors are regarded as challenging by many car manufacturers in the automotive industry. By means of our ideal acoustic- and thermal management in the vehicle, we allow car manufacturers to reach this goal cost-efficiently.
With optimized functions and properties, our engine encapsulations can store the thermal energy of the engine for contributing to the reduction of fuel consumption and CO2-emissions in vehicles with combustion engines.
Simultaneously, our engine encapsulations improve vehicle acoustics while lowering the interior and exterior noise generation of the vehicle. The respective prototype components of the capsules can be produced either manually or by the Rapid Prototyping method according to your requirements. In order to measure and document the development progresses, we have the most modern test equipment at command. This includes an all-wheel roller dynamometer for vehicle acoustic, a test bench for thermal protection as well as for consumption and emission measurements, and a wind tunnel for aerodynamic evaluations.
Our engine encapsulation developments even pass increased assessments of illustrations of thermally-critically operating conditions successfully (Grossglockner test).
Engine Encapsulation Service
- The layout of encapsulation with respect to geometry and material selection
- Virtual capsule structure
- Implementation of geometric recommendations in respective components and development of respective attachment concepts
- The building of prototypes and demonstrators
- Thermal protection of the vehicle
Examinations, forecasts and verifiable investigations of CO2 reduction (NEDC, WLTP)
- Determination of interior and exterior noise development
- Assessment and verification of capsule prototypes on own vehicle test stations and climatic chambers
Implemented methods and technologies
- Construction in CATIA
- PAK measuring system (Müller BBM VAS)
- MK II Frontend (10 ICP + 2 Tacho + 2 CAN)
- NI CDAQ-9179 Frontend (128 Thermo + 4 Analog + 1 CAN)
- DIAdem analysis software (National Instruments)
- Binaural artificial head (HEAD acoustics)
- Class 1 measuring microphone (MicroTech Gefell)
Business Development – Acoustic Solutions
Tel: +49 151 730 675 95