From March 2021, we are looking for a student (m/f/diverse) for our Nuremberg location who would like to work as a working student in our team. The duration of employment should be 6 months or longer.
Telematics controls a number of key functions in today’s cars. For example, telematics connects cars to the cloud, helps to keep the driver and passengers safe, optimize traffic flow and enables an automatic emergency call in the event of an accident. At the heart of all this automotive connectivity lies an embedded hardware and software system, known as the telematics control unit.
Through telematics control units connected vehicles are increasingly enabled to receive remote over-the-air (OTA) software updates and transmit diagnostic and operational data from on-board systems and components. By leveraging vehicle connectivity in this way automakers can significantly reduce recall expense, improve cybersecurity response time, increase product quality and operational efficiency, and deliver post-sale vehicle performance and feature enhancements.
This is your chance to get into the topic of TCU based OTA-Features by supporting an agile development team as a working student.
- Explore new ideas within an OTA-Update Demonstrator
- Explore encryption for MQTT
- Develop/maintain software
- Design the marketing material
- Support the documentation of already present features
- Develop and execute Tests
- Student (m/f/diverse) in the fields of electrical engineering, mechatronics, computer science or a comparable field of study
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree with in-depth knowledge of embedded software development or students already in the master’s program
- Good knowledge of software development on embedded systems in C
- At least one programming language (C++ or Python)
- Experience with Linux on Single-Board-Computers (Raspberry Pi or similar)
- Interest in current automotive developments or state of the art solutions
- Reading UML
- Very good German and good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Careful and analytical work
- High level of commitment, resilience and flexibility
- Independent way of working and communication skills
Please take care to upload your current certificate of enrollment and also your current performance record, because they are obligatory for processing your application.
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
What we offer
- Extensive design options and independent work in an international working environment characterized by flat hierarchies
- Good working atmosphere, characterized by professional and personal appreciation
- Dynamic team with great team spirit
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
- Stability of a global operating company
|Job Category||For Students|