The System Engineer role is to conceptualize and design system solutions to meet the requirements of the projects. The system engineer is required to develop and manage system level requirement to meet the needs of the customer, legislative authorities and functional safety. You will then work closely with other engineering disciplines to design and develop appropriate system solutions within the time and cost budgets of the project. The role includes the specification and execution of appropriate tests to verify the success of the developed systems.
- Liaison with the customer to form, or refine, customer requirement specification documents from which the project will be planned and scheduled. This may include conducting feasibility and conceptual studies, system modelling and simulation and, where appropriate, advising the customer using previous experience.
- Use of proven system analysis and design methodologies working closely with other engineering disciplines to develop system design specifications, strategy and algorithms creating elegant and efficient solutions, to meet the project requirements.
- Work closely with Functional Safety department to ensure the analysis and development of appropriate functional safety requirements.
- Core competency to complete system level analysis supporting other engineering disciplines for the purpose of fault detecting by performing or supporting the development of test plans and test cases (e.g, FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.).
- Calibration of system functions to comply with project requirements. Complete sign-off procedures for vehicle algorithms, calibrations and final product testing. Undertake system and vehicle development and problem-solving within tight timescales.
- Plan, conduct and review testing of new software, hardware and calibrations at a variety of levels including integration testing, MIL, SIL, and HIL regression testing, dyno testing and vehicle level testing, sometimes including worldwide field trips.
- Fully document the design development and verification of developed systems.
- Understand and comply with company and customer confidentiality agreements and maintain the security of company and customer property.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Degree-qualified in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline
- Industry experience within an automotive Systems Engineering role – previous design consultancy experience is also highly desirable.
- Experience working on Battery electric vehicle / Hybrid electric vehicle projects writing system and software specifications, requirements & test documents.
- Experience of modern automotive systems and common automotive practices, development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
- Experience of Configuration management Tools (e.g. MKS, JIRA).
- Experienced in development of DIAs, HARAs, DFMEAs, FMEAs.
- Experience of CAN, UDS and J1939 protocols.
- Experience of XCP / CCP calibration tools (e.g. INCA, CANape).
- An ability to consider problems, draw out fundamental causes and effect – identify solutions from the system level, including documenting and explaining to varying levels of technical competences.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Pension scheme
- Discount on tyres
- Training Opportunities
- Modern working environment
Do you want to hear more from our team?
|Job Category||For Professionals|