Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and skilled Software Engineering Manager to join our Continental Engineering Services (CES) team. The ideal candidate has experience in directing embedded software development functions for enhancements and new products.
- Directs software development functions, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of embedded software applications for new products and feature enhancements
- Oversees the development of software and software tools used within CES
- Responsible for the ownership of products in the interior portfolio and handling of first level customer escalations of those products
- Leads technical aspects of project acquisitions including creating effort estimations and writing technical offers
- Provides support to application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans
- Leads technical discussions (prepare/present responses) with customers
- Provides input on hardware design based on customer and software requirements
- Responsible for leading projects and people to meet customer expectations
- Leads a software team responsible for development of in-vehicle automotive electronics
- Interviews potential candidates for new positions
- Responsible for establishing goals/objectives and providing career development guidance to direct reports
- Provides technical guidance, coaches, and mentors personnel within the team
- Provides input for engineering workload and resource planning for the team
- Facilitates communication between departments and business units on technical topics
- Supports business development and customer visits from a technical perspective
- Coordinates with other members of the CES leadership team on projects, processes, and personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in one or more of the following: embedded software development using C and/or C++, electrical engineering/hardware development, mechanical engineering, systems engineering, test and validation
- Experience leading software projects
- Experience leading development teams, including interviewing, coaching, establishing goals/objectives, and providing career guidance
- Experience with 8 – 32-bit microcontrollers and BSP architecture
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics
- Experience using measurement devices like multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Strong understanding of Automotive
- Electronic/Electromechanical Products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel (approx. 20%) supporting internal and customer development trips
- Strong emotional intelligence, compassionate leadership, and negotiation skills
- A mindset for continuous quality and efficiency improvements
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in one or more of the following: embedded software development using C and/or C++, electrical engineering/hardware development, mechanical engineering, systems engineering, test and validation Experience leading software projects
What we offer
- Good working atmosphere, characterized by professional and personal appreciation
- Extensive design options and independent work in an international working environment characterized by flat hierarchies
- Dynamic team with great team spirit
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
- Stability of a global operating company
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
Do you want to hear more from our team?
Why you should apply
- Hybrid Job – You work both mobile and on the company site
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
|Job Category||For Professionals|