Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has skills in embedded software architecture for various in-vehicle automotive electronics.
- Embedded Software design, implementation and testing for 8-, 16- and 32-bit microcontrollers
- Requirement’s analysis and refinement
- Root cause analysis and debugging of customer problem reports
- Work with various communication protocols like CAN, LIN, I2C, SPI and UART
- Develop, maintain, and communicate software/system development content and timing.
- Provide support to application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans.
- Lead technical discussions (prepare / present responses) with customers.
- The ideal candidate is disciplined, and can foster a team environment
- Ensure all aspects of production processes for software and calibration programming are properly verified and validated
- Responsible for development of new products, and changes to existing products
- Assist acquisition activities by creating the software concept and effort estimations.
- Bachelor’s degree in: Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Embedded software development experience with C or C++ programming
- Experience with 8 – 32-bit microcontrollers
- Experience with BSP architecture
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics
- Experience using measurement devices like multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Must be willing to travel (approx. 10%) supporting internal and customer development trips.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- Minimum 2 years Embedded software development experience with C or C++ programming degree
- Low level microcontroller development
- Knowledge of real time operating systems
- Understanding of CAN
- Experience with embedded Linux software development is a plus
- AUTOSAR experience
What we offer
- Good working atmosphere, characterized by professional and personal appreciation
- Extensive design options and independent work in an international working environment characterized by flat hierarchies
- Dynamic team with great team spirit
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
- Stability of a global operating company
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Do you want to hear more from our team?
Why you should apply
- Hybrid Job – You work both mobile and on the company site
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
|Job Category||For Professionals|