Do you enjoy technical challenges in SW development projects in Automotive industry? Are you passionate about actuator controls or just SW development in general?
An automotive gateway engineer is a professional who specializes in designing, developing, and managing the gateway systems in automotive vehicles.
In modern vehicles, gateway systems play a crucial role in managing communication between various electronic control units (ECUs) and subsystems within the vehicle. They enable data exchange and control signals between different networks, such as the powertrain chassis, body, and infotainment systems.
For our CES Interior Segment, we are are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer (m/f/diverse) for immediate start.
Continental Engineering Services (CES) is active worldwide as an independently operating provider of comprehensive engineering services.
- You will be responsible for designing control algorithms that regulate the actuator’s position, velocity, force, or torque based on system requirements. This involves selecting appropriate control techniques such as PID (Proportional-Integral-Derivative), adaptive control, fuzzy logic, or model predictive control.
- You will be involved in testing and validating the actuator control systems. This includes conducting experiments, collecting data, and analyzing the system’s performance to ensure that it meets the desired specifications.
- Actuator control engineers need to ensure the safety and reliability of the control systems. They analyze potential failure modes, implement fault detection and diagnostics mechanisms, and develop strategies for fault tolerance and redundancy to prevent hazardous situations.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
- University degree (e.g. Computer Science, Informatics, Electronics)
- 5+ years experience in embedded software development
- advanced embedded C programming skills
- Experience with control system hardware (sensors, actuators, microcontrollers) are beneficial
- Good knowledge on automotive products
- Knowledge of vehicle networks and low-level communication protocols
- Experience with AUTOSAR Architecture is a plus
- English – speaking and writing level.
- Ability to analyze and breakdown a software solution
- Problem solving skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Attention to detail, and a passion for continuous learning are important in this field, as actuator control technology continues to advance
What we offer
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
We want our employees to do well with us. That’s why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with CES? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
|Job Category||For Professionals|