Do you want to be able to make a difference working on green technologies and supporting the worlds sustainable development goals? The Continental Engineering Services Driveline & Electrification Team focus on providing engineering services and developing products for customers in the eMobility world with applications including passenger car, commercial vehicles, two-wheelers, marine, aerospace and more. Come and join our team for an exciting and fulfilling career!
Shape the future with your ideas as Sr. Staff Software Engineer in the Guadalajara CES Driveline and Electrification team.
The goal of this role is to be the technical authority for the assigned business center. Provides effective solutions in a broad range of problems, applies original and innovative concepts, techniques, knowledge and processes. Is recognized by it´s business area as the authority in specific area of expertise. Mentors other peers and acts as a reference model in the accomplishments of technical activities.
- Follows Continental´s Software Development Process and recommends/leads improvements and optimization activities.
- Perform analysis of customer specifications, design and implement conforming to functionality, performance, quality, timing requirements.
- Elaborate SRS (Software Requirements Specifications) based on the information received from customer
- Assignment of software requirements to sub modules and SW components
- Developing the framework for the software design and code including architecture.
- Generates efforts estimations and product cost for quoting purposes
- Evaluates impact and risk of engineering changes and defines the best approach of design implementation.
- Participates in the design and development of SW verification and validation framework.
- Participates and shares technical knowledge across different locations and teams worldwide.
- Developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment
- Creation and delivery of technical presentations for both external customers and internal groups
- Contribution to company internal and external work groups
- Functional and Nonfunctional feature testing – automation
- Identify and resolve crashes and system failures
- Some amount of domestic and international travel may be required
- C, C++ programming languages
- Embedded Linux or Audio working experience
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Able to apply design/development tools as required (FMEA, FTA etc.)
- Ensures that all designs meet customer requirements; works with customer to ensure requirements are totally understood.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Multi-core experience
- Minimum of 5 years working as SW engineer in the R&D auto industry
- Has developed SW in a complete product life cycle project
- Automotive product development process (ASPICE)
- Vehicle network bus systems experience (CAN, Ethernet)
- Advanced English language skills
- Master’s Degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years powertrain electrification engineering experience
- Automotive HW and embedded SW experience
At Continental we are committed to building an inclusive and discrimination-free ecosystem in Mexico, these principles are rooted in our corporate philosophy and culture. Therefore, it is totally forbidden to request a pregnancy or HIV test as part of our selection processes.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
|Job Category||For Professionals|