Posted 2 months ago
Do you have a passion in building your own samples?
Do you like to experiment with different technologies and different methodologies to build a sample?
Bringing ideas, concepts or products to life sounds interesting?
If your responses are yes, then join our Prototype Sample Production team by applying to this role.
As Head of Business Center Prototype Sample Production within Continental Engineering Services in Timisoara you will lead a multi-disciplinary team focused on bringing prototypes and samples to life.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary teams involved in the sample build process (mechanical, electrical or test technicians/engineers)
- Supervise the prototype/sample build process from material ordering, PCB assembly to final assembly, testing and sample delivery
- Work out strategies and initiatives focused on continuous prototype/sample build process improvement
- Define and develop team structure in accordance with business and project needs
- Drive and manage sample build activities according to team capacity, level of competence and project needs
- Manage new process technologies integration in the sample build process
- Establishing professional relationships with prototype suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders
- Ensure the quality and timely delivery of the samples
- Actively drive the organization to meet sample build related KPI’s
- Initiate business networking activities with other stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Support the team competence growth
- Prepare a target and development plan for all team members
- Evaluate the performance of the team members and define the necessary measures in case of deviations
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding processes
- Contribute to the process’s definition; proposes solution for improvement in his area of expertise
- Collaborate with other disciplines or departments for process improvements
- Responsible for actively managing and optimizing the use of resources on project
- Tailor optional activities according to the projects needs and follow the defined processes
- University degree (e.g. Mechanics, Management in Production and Transportation, Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics, Automatics);
- At least 7 years relevant professional experience;
- At least 5 years relevant leading experience;
- Ability to lead and manage a project within the specified time, budget and quality framework meeting the customer expectations
- Ability to define and delegate tasks and other responsibilities to the team members
- Basic technical knowledge in system engineering discipline area (SW, EE, HW, ME or Testing);
- Planning, controlling, and reporting skills, ability to provide lessons learned
- Know-how of Product Life Cycle, specific development process and other standards applicable in the industry or functional field
- Good leadership skills
- Flexible to find the best solutions and working under time pressure
- Able to take decisions and be accountable
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Able to manage customer escalations
- Open minded;
- Very good communication skills
- English – advanced
- German is an advantage.
What we offer
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
|Job Category||For Professionals|