We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our Continental Engineering Services (CES) team in Auburn Hills.
Account Manager in Continental Engineering Services (CES) within Continental Automotive Systems, Inc. shall lead acquisition and Sales activities related major North American OEMs (Stellantis, GM, Ford, etc.), Non-traditional OEMs (Divergent Mobility Groups/Electric Vehicles), Alternative Industries, Start-ups, and internal Continental business areas for all Segments of Continental Engineering Services (Driver Assistance & Automated Driving (ADAS), Interior Electronics, Driveline & Electrification, and Chassis & Brakes Segment).
- Serves as primary salesperson for ongoing account management of awarded programs, focusing on quotation of ongoing engineering change requests.
- Negotiates and maintain Terms and Conditions, Non-disclosure Agreements, Joint Development Agreements, supply agreements, Memorandums of Understanding, etc. related to Continental Engineering Services, North America.
- Works with Engineering Segments within Continental to pursue opportunities aligned with each Segment’s overall strategy, alongside the other Sales team members.
- Monitors Sales volume and reimbursements from various customers.
- Works with Global CES Sales & Business Development colleagues to ensure acquisition strategies incorporate global lessons learned and maximize commercial re-use in quotation.
- Supports as needed with tradeshows, customer demonstrations, internal/external promotional events, and other marketing activities.
- Networks and interacts with outside customer contracts and senior internal and external personnel to represent the organization and achieve strategic objectives.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationship with multiple internal business groups and external vendors and maintains the ability to analyze the needs of the sales force, program management team, Engineering team, business development, legal, compliance, and quality.
- Develops and continually maintains strong, collaborative working relationships across cross-functional teams.
- Work with global team to ensure alignment of key message and collaboration of ideas and best practices.
- Ability to learn: Interested in understanding the technical product portfolio and is able to learn and comply with corporate policies.
- have negotiation experience and ability to understand financials.
- Follow established process and use the sales tools during process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical, science or business studies
- 7 years’ experience in a Sales, or comparable commercial / negotiating experience or 14 years or more if no relevant Bachelors Degree.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, strong communication skills and negotiation.
- Travel up to 20% of the time (Domestically and Internationally)
- The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes: ownership, creativity, flexibility, strong communication skills, adaptability, leadership, confidence, entrepreneurialism, coachability, ability to thrive in uncertain/complex/ambiguous/volatile circumstances, works with autonomy, trustworthiness, and conscientiousness.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- 10 years’ experience in a Sales, or comparable commercial / negotiating experience and master degree.
Diversity creates value for a better tomorrow. We offer equal opportunities to everyone – regardless of age, gender, nationality, cultural background, disability, religion, ideology or sexual orientation.
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
Do you want to hear more from our team?
|Job Category||For Professionals|