Cockpit Development Kit
The increased demand in cloud and in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) functions lead to a revolution in the E/E design towards server- and function based architectures. The Continental Engineering Services (CES) Cockpit Controller is our answer to the demand for high performance human machine interface (HMI) and infotainment controller.
The Cockpit Controller development kit allows you to get started with our high-performance platform. It is an enabler for your User Experience (UX) design and HMI concept, which are the key to your success in the digital transformation. Experience the new possibilities of interaction and function design.
Use the CES Cockpit Development Kit to build your MVP. MVP stands for Minimum Viable Product, which is a product with just enough features to satisfy early development milestones, and to provide feedback for future product development. The MVP approach allows companies to release new features early while only taking small risks, because MVPs are cheaper and take less time than developing a complete solution from the get go.
Drive Your Infotainment Development. Like other forms of technology development, in-vehicle infotainment is undergoing rapid change. This has really begun to accelerate in the last five to six years as the demand for evermore sophisticated and timely in-car technology grows, and automotive platforms like Automotive Cockpit platforms bring more capabilities to the vehicle.
Our Vision is to help developers meet these challenges and requirements, CES offers an automotive Cockpit Domain Controller Evolution / Development platform designed for developing automotive solutions.
Delivery scope of our Cockpit Development Kit
Cockpit Domain Controller
- Qualcomm SA8155 + Automotive Controller (AC)
- QNX Hypervisor/OS + Android Automotive OS + AUTOSAR (AC)
- Functional Safety support up to ASIL B
- Software-defined Radio (FM/AM, DAB, SDARS)
- Up to 6x LVDS display outputs + up to 8x LVDS video inputs
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 1x Gbit Ethernet + 3x CAN + 1x LIN
- 2x USB 2.0 + 1x USB 3.1 interfaces
- A2B + 4x speaker outputs + 2x Mic + 1x AUX
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto supported
- Applications for Infotainment, driver and ADAS functions
- 2x 12,3” Displays
- High Resolution: 1920 x 720 pixel (8:3)
- Color depth: 8-bit RGB
- Brightness: >600 cd/m²
- Capacitive Multi Touch for one display
- 2x GMSL2 Video Inputs
Cockpit Software Development Kit (C-SDK)
The cockpit controller will be delivered with basic software including an AUTOSAR system on the automotive controller (AC) as well as a QNX hypervisor on the graphics controller (GC) supporting multiple partitions and applications.
Android IVI partition (Open infotainment partition)
- Android automotive framework including Android HMI framework
- Android System Services
- Android Media Framework
- Rendering on Cluster and Infotainment display
- Application and HMI integration can be done by customer via Android or EB Guide Studio
QNX Cluster Partition
- QNX hypervisor to abstract/protect hardware interface/functions
- Virtualization for IVI Android partition
- Access to vehicle CAN network
- Safe host of cluster HMI application
- Customer can provide cluster HMI application as Kanzi or EB Guide component for integration
- Reference cluster HMI application can be provided to the customer
Automotive Controller Autosar OS
- Autosar based real time operating system
- Handles basic power management functionality of the complete system
- Takes care for vehicle access via CAN interface
- Customer can provice CAN network description for integration
- CAN signal routing function to Graphic Controller (QNX and Android)
Business Development – Interior Electronic Functions