Regulations of CO2 emissions of combustion motors are regarded as challenging by many car manufacturers in the automotive industry. By means of our ideal acoustic- and thermal management in the vehicle, we allow car manufacturers to reach this goal cost-efficiently.
With optimized functions and properties, our engine encapsulations can store thermal energy of the engine for contributing to the reduction of fuel consumption and CO2-emissions in vehicles with combustion engines.
Simultaneously, our engine encapsulations improve the vehicle acoustics while lowering interior and exterior noise generation of the vehicle. The respective prototype components of the capsules can be produced either manually or by the Rapid Prototyping method according to your demand. In order to measure and document the development progresses, we have the most modern test equipment at command. This includes an all-wheel roller dynamometer for vehicle acoustic, a test bench for thermal protection as well as for consumption and emission measurements and a wind tunnel for aerodynamic evaluations.
Our engine encapsulation developments even pass increased assessments of illustrations of thermally-critically operating conditions successfully (Grossglockner test).
Our Development Work
- Layout of encapsulation with respect to geometry and material selection
- Virtual capsule structure
- Implementation of geometric recommendations in respective components and development of respective attachment concepts
- Building of prototypes and demonstrators
- Thermal protection of the vehicle
- Examinations, forecasts and verifiable investigations of CO2 reduction (NEDC, WLTP)
- Determination of interior and exterior noise development
- Assessment and verification of capsule prototypes on own vehicle test stations and climatic chambers
Implemented methods and technologies
- Construction in CATIA
- PAK measuring system (Müller BBM VAS)
- MK II Frontend (10 ICP + 2 Tacho + 2 CAN)
- NI CDAQ-9179 Frontend (128 Thermo + 4 Analog + 1 CAN)
- DIAdem analysis software (National Instruments)
- Binaural artificial head (HEAD acoustics)
- Class 1 measuring microphone (MicroTech Gefell)