The Continental Engineering Services (CES) Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway is vital for connecting sensors, devices, and other components to the internet. With updates Over-the-Air (OTA), you can easily enhance your functionality by updating the software on your devices and sensor firmware. Our CES IoT Gateway enhances the future scope of your product with features such as predictive maintenance, performance tuning, and condition monitoring, remote setup, geofencing, and much more. Our IoT platform is based on an automotive standard operating system that is compatible with most development strategies. Our IoT solution also comes with a robust library of software functions that enables rapid implementation.
- NXP Calypso Microcontroller
- LTE Cat M1 / NB IoT with GPRS fallback
- GNSS Module supporting GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou
- Bluetooth Low Energy v4.2 (v5 ready)
- 1x 100BASE-T1 – IEEE 802.3bw Compliant Ethernet
- 2x High Speed CAN (ISO11898-2) / CAN FD
- 6x General Purpose Input / Output (Analogue, digital or PWM)
- 2x High Current Output (up to 1 Ampere each)
- 1x Serial (RS232)
- Operating voltage 12V / 24V
- Dimensions approx. 127 x 108 x 34 mm (LxWxH)
- Meets stringent automotive quality requirements
- Designed for harsh environments (IP65)
- IoT Gateway with worldwide LTE connectivity (with GPRS fallback)
- Can be added aftermarket to extend the functionality of products already in the field
- Directly retrieve your sensor data via industry-standard MQTT protocol
- Secure and encrypted data transfer to the cloud of your choice
Add-on IoT Platform Functions
- TLS encryption
- Data handling via MQTT protocol
- Scalable / load-balancing
- FOTA / configuration download
- Certificate handling and generation
- Authentication and authorization
Factsheet IoT Gateway
You have questions or you are interested in this product and possible applications?
With Continental’s in-house developed network access devices (NADs) and Telematics software framework, our Telematics Control Units (TCUs) are highly customizable and ready-to-use in different regions.
IoT Engineering Services
The CES IoT Gateway enables the future scope of your product to be enhanced with features such as Predictive Maintenance, Performance Tuning, and Condition Monitoring, Remote Setup, Geofencing and, much more.