Reporting to the Principal Electric Machine Engineer, the successful graduate will be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm and capability in this high-profile electrical machine design and development role through their education. The work will involve designing and developing high performance rotating electrical machines for Zytek’s innovative electric and hybrid power trains. The candidate should be capable of working from broad requirements and be able to communicate thoughts and ideas to other technical specialists within a multi-disciplined team. This role is an ideal opportunity for a recent Graduate with limited experience of electrical machines to join our newly appointed engineer programme.
- Interpretation of machine requirements in collaboration with systems, hardware and mechanical engineers to generate detailed formal specifications
- Conceptual design from first principals applied to permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types
- Progressing machine designs from ideas to prototypes with the development of detailed models and supporting engineering documentation, through to participating in prototype build, testing and validation
- Generation and execution of machine specific test plans, engineering documentations and failure investigation reports
- Generation and formal review of technical documentation from the design process.
- Participation in FMEA, HAZOP and other similar review techniques
- Degree-qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical and Electronic Engineering,)
- Experienced and familiar with using electromagnetic FEA tools (static and transient with motion solvers) together with other machine design tools such as SPEED, MotorCAD and mechanical CAD
- Understanding and experience of all mechanical aspects that influence the design of rotating electrical machines. This would extend to a familiarity with CAD analysis tools.
- Experience of small to medium volume manufacturing and assembly techniques appropriate to rotating electrical machines
- Experience in the use of model-based development tools including Matlab, Simulink
- Familiarity with external motor control systems including power electronics, control methods and position sensor requirements would be advantageous.
- Good test and analysis skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with standard office tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- A team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised
- Highly-motivated and capable of working on concurrent activities
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Discount on tyres
- Training Opportunities
- Modern working environment
Go on! Apply now and get on board!